Best Beginnings Community Coalition
What is the Big Horn County
Best Beginnings Community Coalition?
Best Beginnings is a dedicated group of over 30 community members who have come together to make sure that all of our children have a good start in life. The coalition is made up of parents, people from the community, and service providers who work with families every day.
The goal of this partnership is to improve family support systems and learning opportunities for all children in Big Horn County. We hope to empower parents and caregivers by giving family service providers the tools they need to best support our youngest citizens.
What do we wish for all Big Horn County children?
- High quality childcare and preschool learning experiences
- A medical/dental home and health insurance
- Social, emotional, and mental health support for children and their families
- Basic needs support (food, clothing, shelter)
Where will we start?
- Expanding affordable and easy to access dental services for all children, including screening and treatment options
- Promoting Kindergarten readiness skills through broad-based community involvement
- Working with parents and caregivers to help them enrich the lives of their children – academically, socially, and emotionally